Water Quality Report
Below are the Key findings of the 2010 Water Quality Report. Click here to review or print the entire report.
• Nitrogen nutrients show wide fluctuation, but are statistically stable
for last 20 years.
• Phosphorus has increased significantly in the last 10 years
• Measures that correlate with increased phosphorus have also
increased (chlorophyll, total coliform).
• Phosphorus is the limiting nutrient for biological activity in Ballston
lake, increased nitrogen would not dramatically affect water quality.
• High lake levels and watershed inflow are the primary suspects in
• More measurements are needed to fully assess the source of
News & Events 4/12/2017
Ballston Lake boat safety course news release to be re-distributed
The previously sent e-blast about the Boater Safety Course had an error. The following version is correct. Certification - by passing this 8 hour course - is mandatory for youth age 10 and up to operate a motor boat. Certification – by passing this 8 hour course - is mandatory for all (adults and kids over 14) who operate personal water craft (jet skis). Sorry for any convenience or confusion the error may have caused.
Please Click Read More belowRead More Read ALL
Local News 4/26/2017
Judge declines to throw out Petersburgh PFOA lawsuit
A state Supreme Court justice has upheld a class-action lawsuit filed on behalf of Petersburgh residents against a company blamed for polluting local water supplies with a toxic manufacturing chemical. In declining to dismiss the case against Taconi...Read More