Water Quality Report
Below are the Key findings of the 2010 Water Quality Report. Click here to review or print the entire report.
• Nitrogen nutrients show wide fluctuation, but are statistically stable
for last 20 years.
• Phosphorus has increased significantly in the last 10 years
• Measures that correlate with increased phosphorus have also
increased (chlorophyll, total coliform).
• Phosphorus is the limiting nutrient for biological activity in Ballston
lake, increased nitrogen would not dramatically affect water quality.
• High lake levels and watershed inflow are the primary suspects in
• More measurements are needed to fully assess the source of
Local News 11.20.17
Trustco Hall of Fame honors 2017 inductees
Carolyn Valli was honored for her work with the Central Berkshire Habitat for Humanity, while Mary Ellen Whitney founded STRIDE Adapative Sports, which now offers 17 different sports in 26 locations. Spero Zoulas led efforts to rehabilitate and revit...Read More