Water Quality Report
Below are the Key findings of the 2010 Water Quality Report. Click here to review or print the entire report.
• Nitrogen nutrients show wide fluctuation, but are statistically stable
for last 20 years.
• Phosphorus has increased significantly in the last 10 years
• Measures that correlate with increased phosphorus have also
increased (chlorophyll, total coliform).
• Phosphorus is the limiting nutrient for biological activity in Ballston
lake, increased nitrogen would not dramatically affect water quality.
• High lake levels and watershed inflow are the primary suspects in
• More measurements are needed to fully assess the source of
Local News 7.23.17
Video shows lengthy death of Albany County jail inmate
It took five agonizing days for Mark Cannon to die.His death spiral began at the Albany County jail when nurses for a private medical company brushed off the 24-year-old's severe neurological symptoms as heat exhaustion, instructing guards to give hi...Read More