Water Quality Report
Below are the Key findings of the 2010 Water Quality Report. Click here to review or print the entire report.
• Nitrogen nutrients show wide fluctuation, but are statistically stable
for last 20 years.
• Phosphorus has increased significantly in the last 10 years
• Measures that correlate with increased phosphorus have also
increased (chlorophyll, total coliform).
• Phosphorus is the limiting nutrient for biological activity in Ballston
lake, increased nitrogen would not dramatically affect water quality.
• High lake levels and watershed inflow are the primary suspects in
• More measurements are needed to fully assess the source of
Local News 3/24/2017
N.Y. lawmakers cheer as GOP health overhaul bill pulled before vote
For the Democratic governor, its death is cause for celebration after a week of feverish lobbying against the plan, which he contended would blow massive holes in the state's budget and could either leave Medicaid beneficiaries without coverage or fo...Read More