Water Quality Report
Below are the Key findings of the 2010 Water Quality Report. Click here to review or print the entire report.
• Nitrogen nutrients show wide fluctuation, but are statistically stable
for last 20 years.
• Phosphorus has increased significantly in the last 10 years
• Measures that correlate with increased phosphorus have also
increased (chlorophyll, total coliform).
• Phosphorus is the limiting nutrient for biological activity in Ballston
lake, increased nitrogen would not dramatically affect water quality.
• High lake levels and watershed inflow are the primary suspects in
• More measurements are needed to fully assess the source of
Local News 8.19.17
Churchill: The upstate road where the American dream dies
Champlain The taxi arrived in the pouring rain. The mother and father exited quickly, the father yanking luggage from the minivan as the mother nestled a baby into a stroller. Two boys, perhaps four and five years old, watched as the parents struggle...Read More